Hackmaster 4th Edition

A forum for discussing table top role-playing game systems, supplements, or anything else related.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Hackmaster 4th Edition

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:04 am

I'm fairly certain Anacalgon started a thread about this a while back, but today I was browsing through some of my older PDFs and ran across my HM4e folder. That really took me back to a fun time when we had some of our most hilarious gaming sessions. Hackmaster might have been considered something of a joke at the time, but underlying all of the humor and other outrageous material that Kenzer added to the game per WotC, is what I would have to consider one of the best "modern" editions of AD&D/2e ever produced. I wouldn't mind stripping all of the core, relevant material out of the HM4e books and designing a personal version of AD&D based solely off of their work, possibly even getting it printed privately for my own use.

I haven't taken much of a look at 5e, only in passing and while I know it's probably a fun game in and of itself, I think it might be too much for the type of system I enjoy playing.
HMPHBs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Poor little Bonecrusher Boggins - the unluckiest SOB I've ever played. :lol:

I LOVE this game and would jump at the chance to play it again! In fact, I'm taking some things from it to incorporate into my Coeur de Lion game.

I'd also love to get a copy of the HM4e PHB on pdf. Is it available anywhere?

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 am

Ancalagon wrote:I'd also love to get a copy of the HM4e PHB on pdf. Is it available anywhere?
I'll get you a copy, I have everything, or just about everything for HM4e in PDF except maybe one or two adventures.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:I'd also love to get a copy of the HM4e PHB on pdf. Is it available anywhere?
I'll get you a copy, I have everything, or just about everything for HM4e in PDF except maybe one or two adventures.
You da Man!

Glorath

Post by Glorath » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:59 pm

I truly enjoyed that game; especially that pigeon...
:lol: :mrgreen: :o :shock: :lol: 8-)
"All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes."
-Tyrion Lannister

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:41 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 am
Emphasis mine.
Can I get that copy for a Scooby Snack? ;) :lol:

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:41 pm
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 am
Emphasis mine.
Can I get that copy for a Scooby Snack? ;) :lol:
PM sent with download link.