Garycon X Adventures

A forum for discussing table top role-playing game systems, supplements, or anything else related.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Garycon X Adventures

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:57 pm

Well, planning to hit Garycon in early March of next year.

Have two new adventures planned. If I run sessions of my original White Box adventure, then I'll probably try to do 6 sessions total, 2 of each, and save 3 sessions for playing but we'll see.

As it stands I want to run the sequel to my White Box adventure, Buried. This will be Buried - Chapter II: A Light in Dark Places, a continuation of the original adventure taking the adventure into the heart of the mystery surrounding their circumstance at end of the original.

I also have planned an Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea adventure. This one will essentially be two adventures in one. Depending on the choice made by the group in the beginning, the players will send their characters into one of two locations, each location will be a separate adventure unto itself. So technically a player could play through and have a different experience each time. No title on this one yet, it's still pretty fresh in my mind. With 5 months to get this out of my head and onto paper I should be ok, however we'll see. I'm planning to take an entire week off in December between holidays so that will be me a lot of free time to really get something done, plus my days off every other week should help.

Really looking forward to attending again for some awesome gaming both as DM/GM and player, on top of great food at the Tuscan and Egg Harbor Cafe.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Very cool on the sequel adventure idea! If I'm able to attend, plan on seeing me at one of your sessions 8-)

There should be a ton of AS&SH 2e books all over GaryCon next March. I wonder if Jeff T. would autograph one.... :)

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:26 pm
Very cool on the sequel adventure idea! If I'm able to attend, plan on seeing me at one of your sessions 8-)

There should be a ton of AS&SH 2e books all over GaryCon next March. I wonder if Jeff T. would autograph one.... :)
Haha, I'm sure he could be persuaded one way or another to give up an autograph.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 pm

The last time I ran Buried, I ran it using White Box: Fantasy Medieval Adventure Game. This year, for GCX, I'm thinking of using M/C Basic D&D or the new Blueholme RPG, which is based on and an expanded version of Homles Basic D&D. I figure why not shake things up a bit and run the adventure with something else this year, just to give players a similar, yet slightly different experience.
The BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules are a table top fantasy roleplaying game which emulates the game play of the original basic rule book, popularly known as the Holmes Edition or simply the Blue Book. Unlike those basic rules, however, this book allows for characters of 1st to 20th levels, and include everything the referee could possibly need to create and run a campaign in the Underworld, the Wilderness, or the Realm: monsters, magic, treasure, and … well, what more do you need? BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules are fully compatible with the BLUEHOLME™ Prentice Rules, and can be used with most old-school adventure modules.
208800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grodog

Post by grodog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:43 am

I haven't looked at Blueholme yet, but the recent KS certainly looked nice!

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:39 pm

grodog wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:43 am
I haven't looked at Blueholme yet, but the recent KS certainly looked nice!

Allan.
Check back later this weekend, I plan to post a small review/comparison between BH:JR and the Moldvay/Cook BX set. James and I were chatting a bit on Thursday about me using BH to run my GCX adventures and asked what the differences were. I made a little time last night to start comparing the two but still have a few more chapters to finish up.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Grabbed my badge for GCX and submitted my sessions. Here's the current lineup with days and time, assuming they don't change anything.
Buried (Thurs, Fri and Sat 9am - 1pm)
You were a slave. For quite some time you’ve been held captive in this mine; every day spent digging deeper into the earth, for what? You’ve had no knowledge of who your captors were or what it is they wanted. Like many others you were accosted, finally regaining consciousness and then forced to dig.

Minutes ago the earth shook and sections of the mine collapsed, trapping you along with several survivors. As you contemplate the current situation, wondering if this is the end, something in the back of your mind whispers, 'No, this is just the beginning.'.

Buried is a low-level dungeon crawl for players of all experience levels. Pre-generated characters will be provided.
Buried II: A Light In Dark Places (Thu, Fri, and Sat 2pm - 6pm)
For one small group of survivors, the aftermath of a collapsed mine was the opportunity they needed to flee from the mysterious slavers who held them captive. After overcoming deadly traps and the denizens in a labyrinth of unknown origins, the survivors finally managed to escape.

Escape was not the salvation you expected, however, once again you find yourselves thrown even deeper into the secrets and mysteries that have, until now, remained Buried. The adventure continues as the survivors struggle to search for a way out of this strange underworld and back to the surface above.

Buried II is a mid-level dungeon crawl for players with some experience. Play through the original adventure 'Buried' is highly encouraged for new players but NOT required. Pre-generated characters will be provided. ** Players who keep and want to use their characters from the original adventure will be allowed to play that character with any found items. **

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:00 am

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 pm
Ancalagon wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Haha, I'm sure he could be persuaded one way or another to give up an autograph.
I forgo that my AS&SH2e book came already autographed. Sweeeeeeet.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:24 pm

In prep for my two GCX, Buried, adventures, I've placed an order for custom d6 dice to be used with my games. I'll be handing them out as participation rewards, but I'll also be using them to allow players something akin to "fate" or "fortune" rolls. I'm still working out the exact mechanics of how I'll do it, but I received pics of the dice with the custom logo, in the color and font, for which I specifically asked. Chessex made purchasing a large quantity of custom dice very easy. Once they come in and I get a look I'll be able to say whether or not I'd recommend them fully, but so far the customer support has been great.

DSCN8296.JPG
DSCN8297.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.