Castles & Crusades

A forum for discussing table top role-playing game systems, supplements, or anything else related.
Ancalagon

Castles & Crusades

Post by Ancalagon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 pm

This is a fun game that some have described as what 3E should have been. I was fortunate enough during my last couple of years in Georgia to participate in a campaign ran by alester. I played a Norse styled cleric of Thor and had a blast doing so. The last time I was able to play C&C was at Gary Con VII and had a great time in that game as well.

I'm tinkering around with C&C now for converting some of my old AD&D material and, just for kicks, picked up a new bit of C&C gaming goodness: the 2017 limited edition leather and gold foil PHB (at a nice discount). This book looks SWEET. :)

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Good deal. I've played in one of Steve's games, once. It was one year that we were at Origins. Excellent late night fun. Should be an enjoyable time at GCX for playing and running some C&C.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Captain_Blood

Post by Captain_Blood » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Y'all already know I love this system. I got to play in one of Steve's games too. It was at GenCon one year; unfortunately it was way too big (18+ people at the table) and not much happened. Anyway, it's been my go to system for running games for ages now. Last year I started a new group with several players. None of them had played C&C before, and two of the players were completely new to tabletop rpgs. They managed to TPK during the first 'boss' fight of their first adventure. Lessons were learned, and one player was eliminated from the group for being an ass. Back in December we started with all new characters and we're playing in the world of Aihrde. I'll be posting some game journals on that campaign soon, but the first session has not been auspicious. Of 5 players 3 of them are unconscious and in the hands of a very pissed of goblin tribe. The remaining 2 Heroes have a choice. Go back for their brethren, or say the hell with it and do something else. I'll let you know how heroic they turn out to be.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:30 pm

Welcome back, Cap'n! Glad to have you. Looking forward to hearing how things shake out with your group...

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:31 am

Sounds awesome, looking forward to reading the journals and gameplay.

While I won't be playing any C&C at GCX, I am thinking of grabbing a ticket to a game using Amazing Adventures, titled Kolchak: The Night Stalker in the Big Easy.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author