AS&SH 2nd Edition

A forum for discussing table top role-playing game systems, supplements, or anything else related.
Cloak-n-Dagger

AS&SH 2nd Edition

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:00 pm

I've been waiting for Jeff to announce this for about a year now. Absolutely can't wait for this to happen. If you've never played Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea, you're missing out. In my opinion, it's AD&D if you replace the "Tolkien-esque" feel with an amalgamation of something derived from H.P. Lovecraft, R.E. Howard and C. A. Smith.

It's the perfect compliment to AD&D and THE single best OSR game ever published, IMO.
ASSH2ndEdition.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:03 pm

Kind of a shitty name for marketing purposes, don't ya think? I mean, seriously, Jay...

Nice artwork, though.
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:17 pm

The name is a mouthful to be certain but this game rawks!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Yeah, the name is long-winded, but it is worth it. I recall Jeff saying that he was considering just shortening the name down to just 'Hyperborea', but I guess in the end he decided to stick with the original. Either way is fine by me because I'll definitely be getting it.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:50 pm

Wonder how many pages the hardback will be...

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:48 pm

I received an email with the link to the PDF for AS&SH 2E. I plan on downloading it and throwing it on the iPad for reading later this weekend. I'm really looking forward to getting the hard copy.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:16 am

I received the email, too. Time to go download!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 am

I gave it a cursory look last night before bed, so far it looks bad ass.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Printed book arrived today and looks really good. It's a beast to lug around the table so I will kindly be toting the PDF on my iPad during the con. Any games around here, though, I will surely have it sitting out where folks can see it. Took a couple pics of it, also a few comparing it to Zweihander which is also done really well and actually comes it at 688 pages compared to AS&SH2e which is 608.

IMG_0131.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:21 pm

AS&SH 2E compared to Zweihander
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG