AD&D Dungoen Master's Guide

A forum for discussing table top role-playing game systems, supplements, or anything else related.
Cloak-n-Dagger

AD&D Dungoen Master's Guide

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 pm

I started working on a new adventure idea the other day. I'm sticking it in AD&D since it's more of a dungeon crawl that anything else. I started reading through the MM, MM2 and FF for critter ideas, but also hit up the DMG for some rules and other stuff. I've read through the DMG before, mostly for specific rules or whatnot, but while flipping through, I took time to read through the Appendices in the back.

Man, I had forgotten just how much cool info and random tables are in the back of that book. Random Dungeon Generation, Traps, Dungeon Dressings, Describing Magical Substances...really great tables for generating a vast amount of adventure details.

Gary really struck gold when he put this together.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:I started working on a new adventure idea the other day. I'm sticking it in AD&D since it's more of a dungeon crawl that anything else. I started reading through the MM, MM2 and FF for critter ideas, but also hit up the DMG for some rules and other stuff. I've read through the DMG before, mostly for specific rules or whatnot, but while flipping through, I took time to read through the Appendices in the back.

Man, I had forgotten just how much cool info and random tables are in the back of that book. Random Dungeon Generation, Traps, Dungeon Dressings, Describing Magical Substances...really great tables for generating a vast amount of adventure details.

Gary really struck gold when he put this together.
Emphasis mine.
Indeed! The DMG is the holy grail for fantasy gaming DMs of any edition and system.

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Duly noted... Maybe I won't sell my DMG after all?
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!