[KS] DestinyQuest Game Books

A section for showing off and promoting new or upcoming gaming products not currently available. **Posts for products which have been released will be moved to other forums.**
Cloak-n-Dagger

[KS] DestinyQuest Game Books

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Ran across a Kickstarter for a new game book from an apparent series. The newest book is called DestinyQuest IV: The Raiders of Dune Sea.

dq4.png
Here's the blurb about this book from the KS site:
Dark fury will rain down from the heavens.

A lost race returns from the shrouds of time, armed with the powerful magics of Ragnarok to unleash their bitter vengeance on an unsuspecting world. The shifting sands of the southern desert will run red with blood as the robbers and pirate captains of the Dune Sea are dragged into a deadly war – one which could unravel time and change the destiny of all.

You are an orphan with a strange gift for magic. Hunted by the church, you have fled south to the desert lands of Khitesh, seeking to make a fresh start as a sell sword. However, a simple treasure-seeking mission quickly turns sour, plunging you into the heart of a criminal underworld, where shady dealings and poisoned blades hide a deadly secret.

Do you have what it takes to survive on the cut-throat tides of the Dune Sea? You decide in this epic fantasy adventure – one where you make the decisions.
It seems that there are three previous books, DestinyQuest 1: The Legion of Shadow, DestinyQuest 2: The Heart of Fire, and DestinyQuest 3: The Eye of Winter's Fury. All of them, plus a good deal of information can be found at the main website: DestinyQuest.

1cae3d8fa615a3ae431c6652536edd60_original.png
From the KS about the books in general:
DestinyQuest is a new style of gamebook that draws on modern fantasy action games such as World of Warcraft and Diablo, and fuses them with the old-style ‘choose your own adventure’ books of the 80s. In DestinyQuest, readers use an innovative map system to experience exciting quests, battle fearsome monsters and discover valuable rewards. Throughout their adventure, the reader can customize their hero from hundreds of collectable items and special abilities, allowing them to take on ever-greater challenges as they seek to build their hero from a starting newbie to a legendary champion.
Like many kids growing up in the 80s, before I got into D&D, I was reading Choose Your Own Adventure books, or a great many variation thereof. Eventually I discovered Fighting Fantasy and spent hours playing through many of those. Game books have always been something of a staple for my table-top gaming experience outside of playing actual RPGs. I'm a slight bit leery of "modern fantasy action games" part if the description, but I'm willing to at least pick up the first book from DestinyQuest and giving it a go. If it turns out to be a lot of fun, then I'll probably pick up the rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author