[KS] Dungeon Delve Adventure: Tower of the Black Sorcerers

A section for showing off and promoting new or upcoming gaming products not currently available. **Posts for products which have been released will be moved to other forums.**
Cloak-n-Dagger

[KS] Dungeon Delve Adventure: Tower of the Black Sorcerers

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Saw this old school adventure on Kickstarter today, looks pretty good.

Link: Tower of the Black Sorcerers
The black sorcerers have dwelled within their baleful tower for hundreds of years. Now something evil stirs in the town of Bal-Curz — strange happenings of malefic magics and persons disappearing in the night. The fearful townsfolk whisper that its source stems from the Black Tower. Possibly a few bold heroes could Investigate the tower to uncover its secrets and put an end to this unseen terror?

"Tower of the Black Sorcerers" is an adventure for 5 to 7 characters of intermediate levels 5 to 8. In this module, the adventurers will explore a tower inhabited by a cabal of sorcerers. Set in a town, the DM can easily place this tower in an urban location in any fantasy role-playing game world they prefer.

MODULE FEATURES:
-24 page saddle-stitched booklet printed in black-and-white.
-Removable cardstock cover printed in color.
-A cut-away map of the tower, a map of the tower levels, and a dungeon map printed in classic dungeon blue in the inside cover.
-27 numbered encounters, adventure background for the DM, scenario hook suggestions, and a rumors table.
-Our new monsters: the balweeg, corodaemon, lammikin, and werepanther.
totbs2.png
totbs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 pm

That has potential to be fun. Are you going in on it?

grodog

Post by grodog » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm

It's due to complete in March of this year, and I pinged one of the playtesters (Rob Hand, who I've traded minis with on FB a few times), and he's going to talk to his DM/the KS creator to see if they'll have it in time for GaryCon, and if so if they'd be interested in having Black Blade sell copies there :D He talked up the module as well as some of the upcoming ones, too.

It sounds interesting-ish, and I like the pieces of art that I've seen thus far, but the maps don't impress me. I haven't watched the video yet, may take a look in more detail later.

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:24 am

grodog wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm
It sounds interesting-ish, and I like the pieces of art that I've seen thus far, but the maps don't impress me. I haven't watched the video yet, may take a look in more detail later.

Allan.
Is it the small details like beds, barrels, shelves, etc or the space filler style on the maps? Those were the two things I wasn't crazy about, otherwise I like the maps well enough.

If you manage to have copies at GCX I may snag one along with HV.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:26 am

Ancalagon wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 pm
That has potential to be fun. Are you going in on it?
I don't know if I'll go in on the KS, but if some happen to be at GCX I may grab a copy. Otherwise I may order one sometime after, if available.