[Kickstarter] ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG

A section for showing off and promoting new or upcoming gaming products not currently available. **Posts for products which have been released will be moved to other forums.**
Cloak-n-Dagger

Re: [Kickstarter] ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:01 pm

I've been submitting typos and other aesthetic bits from the PDF for corrections to the site where they are tracking this sort of stuff. One thing I came across today was slight review by a GM who is currently running Zweihander for his group and this is the outcome:
So, I've finally managed to run a couple of Zweihander sessions for my group and I'm here to share my impressions on the system!

We're playing a slightly modified version of the old WFRP "The Enemy within" campaign. We've reached Bogenhafen last night, and (spoilers ahead, I guess...) the PCs just discovered the hidden temple in the sewers.

We're still getting used to the game, but we haven't had any major problem for now.
The skill system is very intuitive, and the players picked it up quite quickly. Opposed tests are a bit tricky, but we're getting used to them Very Happy

Combat is really cool, very quick but also very tactical, using different tactics for different foes definitely pays off.
Oh, and yesterday we also learned that being outnumbered really, really sucks... the guardian demon in the sewers really had a bad time trying to fend off 3 attackers at once! laughing

Magic feels dangerous. Players are extra-careful casting their spells, because they're really afraid of Chaos Manifestations. I really like that twisted

Overall, we're really liking the game, it keeps all the good stuff from the old wfrp editions, and add some really cool twist to the rules!
Great job!
That being said, I think if the guys keep going with this, it will turn out to be the one and only system required to continue having WHFRP styled adventures and fun.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Just saw on drivethrurpg that the Zweihander pdf is 692 pages. :shock:

That is a weapon of mass destruction! :lol:

Versidious

Post by Versidious » Wed May 17, 2017 1:13 am

Ancalagon wrote:Just saw on drivethrurpg that the Zweihander pdf is 692 pages.
Sounds like it really would be a zweihander if printed.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:20 am

New updates for Zweihander for anyone interested. I know Warhammer Fantasy RP 4th Edition has been announced and I fully expect to see something come out of GenCon this year, not to mention I'll be picking it up (assuming it's not a cluster). However, this game has really taken off and the guys have done an amazing job putting this together. The books will be shipping sometime soon, here are some pics and a video of the printed book.

IMG_0923-1024x768.jpg
IMG_0921-1024x768.jpg
IMG_0919-1024x768.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:14 am

My printed copy of the game showed up earlier in the week. Grim and Perilous Studios did an amazing job recreating the "Old World" in both setting feel and system. The book clocks in at over 600 pages and covers everything in one volume to run some old-school 'whoa-hammah'. While I'm still cautiously optimistic about WFRP 4e, I'm glad I went in on this Kickstarter and picked up a copy of Zweihander. If WFRP4e tanks, then I definitely have this to fall back on.
IMG_1561.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:15 am

IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:16 am

IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1558.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 pm

The illustrated PDF for Zweihander is FREE for the next 48 hours, if you don't have a copy, I'd suggest grabbing it while you can.

Zweihander Illustrated FREE until Nov 1st *Click Here*

grodog

Post by grodog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 am

Snagged, thanks for the tip!

Oh, and the reviewer I linked to above posted part 2 of their review, too: https://princeofnothingblogs.wordpress. ... m-heroics/

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 pm

D'OH! I missed out on this one. But no worries. I still need to finish going through the AS&SH2e book!