C&C's Book of Familiars...

A section for showing off and promoting new or upcoming gaming products not currently available. **Posts for products which have been released will be moved to other forums.**
Deil the Yin

C&C's Book of Familiars...

Post by Deil the Yin » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Just pulled the trigger on this little gem from Troll Lord Games https://www.trolllord.com/tlgstore/#!/B ... p/45154021. Looks like they are a'fixin' to do a reprint and so had a few copies for $10 (cheaper than the watermarked PDF almost). I nearly second guessed it over the shipping, which wasn't actually too bad at under $5, but it will be nice to have a hard copy and hard backed book to thumb through...

Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:04 am

Please share your thoughts on it when you have time. I won a copy at Gary Con 2015 after winning Player of the Table in a C&C event but didn't read much into it since I don't do much with animal companions and familiars in my games; a deficiency I should address in the future to be sure.

Captain_Blood

Post by Captain_Blood » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:23 am

I flipped through this one at GC this year, and passed. It had some interesting bits in it, but it really seemed more for higher level adventures iirc. Since I rarely (twice in my life with chars levels 15+) play high level adventures I just wasn't the target audience.

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Captain_Blood wrote:I flipped through this one at GC this year, and passed. It had some interesting bits in it, but it really seemed more for higher level adventures iirc. Since I rarely (twice in my life with chars levels 15+) play high level adventures I just wasn't the target audience.
Hmmm... that wouldn't surprise me, coming from the Troll Den. Too much fluff and you get an over-generalised idea of the book when it's super-specific. I found their Rune Lore to be like that.
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!