GURPS Sale

A section for showing off and promoting new or upcoming gaming products not currently available. **Posts for products which have been released will be moved to other forums.**
alester

GURPS Sale

Post by alester » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 am

Everything GURPS (PDF) is on sale for 40% off until 15 December.

I seem to always be posting about things to buy. I swear I'm not in it for the referrals.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Haha. I've yet to play in a GURPs game, I'd love to if someone ran one.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Versidious

Post by Versidious » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:31 pm

I've never tried it either. I've heard you can basically bolt on all the different parts to more or less make your own thing, like if you wanted to mash up Weird World War II with Martians and giant monsters like Godzilla or whatever, to use a more outlandish example.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:38 pm

GURPS is a fun system. It can be a little crunchy with point allocation to skills but after a couple of times it works easily.

I played in a GURPS Fantasy dungeon crawl at Dragon Con back in 2005 and had a blast! My character was possessed by a ghost about 3/4 of the way through the session and I had to work against the party without looking like I was working against the party. Fun stuff!

I was able to play in a GURPS X-Men game at Dragon Con a few years later. Colossus is my favorite X-Man so I played him and got to roll 50d6 when kicking a foe. The GM said just roll 5d6 and multiply by 10. I said no way! I get to roll 50-freakin'-d6 and that's what I'm rolling! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up, alester. 8-)

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:45 pm

Took me some advantage with the GURPS sale... and snagged a few Ars Magica items on pdf while I was at it. 8-)

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:22 pm

Nice dude, maybe sometime you'll throw something together for us to play.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:51 pm

I love Ars Magica. Me and alester, and Captain Blood got to play some together at Gen Con a few years back and had a great time. Who know? One of these years I may get a wild hair and decide to put something together...