[Kickstarter] LexOccultum RPG

A section for showing off and promoting new or upcoming gaming products not currently available. **Posts for products which have been released will be moved to other forums.**
Cloak-n-Dagger

[Kickstarter] LexOccultum RPG

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Found another interesting RPG on KS yesterday. Pledged for the whole set (3 books) printed.

Load your flintlocks, light up the lantern and step into the crypt: this is LexOccultum! Awarded "Game of the Year” in Sweden, the roleplaying game about occultism, mysteries and secret societies in an 18th century setting is here.
lexoccultum.jpg
Europe, 18th century. The church is losing its grip on men struggling with old beliefs and dogmas. Alchemists, occultists and secret societies dig deep into old mysteries and ancient obscurities. Enlightenment is not only about breaking free from old institutions and structures, but also about discovering what has been hidden for hundreds of years, even millenniums. Illuminati, Freemasons, the old Templars and other secret societies hide in dark chambers plotting for a new world order, or to just uncover the dark arts and ancient wisdoms.

The nobles and aristocrats is a dying breed living in full decadence and excess while the common people suffer in poverty. This is the era of Enlightment, but also ignorance. Few know anything about the growing darkness; the vampires and offspring of the devil, and while conspiracies grow under the surface, kings and priests preach about submission and obedience. But who is to save men from the twilight of the gods, from falling into the darkness and be consumed by evil? Is it true that the apocalypse is soon to come?

LexOccultum takes place in a fictive historical 18th century, where the occult and supernatural is real but not yet in full bloom.
lo2.jpg
Inspirations building this property have been:
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Solomon Kane
Quicksilver
Holy Blood and Holy Grail
Assassins Creed
The Perfume
Dracula
...and all the templar-secret-societies-horror-vampire-books-and-movies, out there!
lo3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:33 pm

This is a game that I'd like to try playing!

I really like the artwork, appreciate that Brotherhood of the Wolf and Solomon Kane are inspirations, and read elsewhere that the game uses the d100 system as its engine which is a big plus in my book.

The only downside, for me, is the expected release date of February 2018.

Please provide updates from time to time as you get them from KS updates. 8-)