The Town of Black Willow

A place for DMs, GMs, or players to post stories, play reports, or general info about their current or ongoing campaigns.
Cloak-n-Dagger

The Town of Black Willow

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Since I didn't have the time to write up my original adventure for Gary Con, I thought I would, hopefully, start making time to work on this and if all goes well, eventually self-publish it so I have an actual copy to run some time in the future, perhaps at next year's Con meetup. Either way, here's a shot of the map from the town of Black Willow. Not too bad for something I drew up in middle-school, lol. :D
bwmap.jpg
  • 1) Town Well
    2) Felgood's Fall Inn & Tavern
    3) Town Hall / Jail
    4) Rudger's General Store
    5) Oren, Blacksmith
    6) Family Homes / Towns People
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:08 pm

I like the shrubbery particularly... :P
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:21 pm

Welcome, Deil the Yin!

You've a keen eye for spotting wereshrubberies. ;)

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Haha, Wes.

One of the things I recall fondly about running my Blackwillow game back in Valdosta, aside from the halfling falling out of the boat when trying to get out and landing in the river, lol, was when someone decided after the rest of the party had turned in for the night and the town had all but settled down, did a bit of sneaking out the window of the inn and used the shrubbery to hide and checkout some of the buildings nearby. Nothing happened that night, other than the character simply sneaking around, but it was pretty fun to DM.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:02 pm

I thought that was one of James's games? I mean where my 1/2ling was sneaking around? If that's what you were referring to? Was that the adventure with the red-cloaked assassin and the bandits that had taken over the town? That was a pretty fun adventure. Did we ever come to any conclusive end to that one?

I love town maps, whatever.
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:04 pm

I don't recall if you played in this one. I think it was James, Brent, Kevin, and Chuck, before you joined the group in Valdosta. I think James was the only halfling at the time but I could be mistaken, it was a LONG time ago. Either way, one of these days I plan to recreate Black Willow using a computer mapping program and hopefully make it something I can print out and hang on my office wall.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:20 pm

I remember Bryan was in that one as the sole target for my poop bombs after poor Bonecrusher was reincarnated as a pigeon. Heh.