Vigiles Nocturni: Alexandria

A place for DMs, GMs, or players to post stories, play reports, or general info about their current or ongoing campaigns.
Captain_Blood

Re: Vigiles Nocturni: Alexandria

Post by Captain_Blood » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Ah I'm sad to hear that the game fell apart. I did have a lot of fun playing with you. Both the Castles and Crusades game and the Crypts and Things game. Zardoz the hero, Zardoz the Summoner, Zardoz the Destroyer of Gods!! :D

I'd like to hear how the Call of Cthulhu game goes.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Captain_Blood wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:13 pm
I'd like to hear how the Call of Cthulhu game goes.
Agreed! I enjoy CoC, would love to hear how the campaign has been running.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Sbaldrick

Post by Sbaldrick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:16 pm

For my Call of Cthulhu campaign, I ran through all of the adventures in this product.
https://www.chaosium.com/doors-to-darkness-pdf/

I didn't have a single character go mad or die...until the last adventure and two out of three characters died horribly. Two of the characters got paralyzed by a night gaunt. Right after that, the human cultists showed up. The last remaining character fired their pistol a few times and ran away. If they hadn't, it would have been a TPK.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Very cool. That looks like one of the new supplements how do you like running the new 7e rules?
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Sbaldrick

Post by Sbaldrick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm
Very cool. That looks like one of the new supplements how do you like running the new 7e rules?
I like them in that they are a bit more streamlined and easier to pickup, at least I think so. The 7th edition stats are basically the old stats x5, making the check a lot easier by removing some math. I am playing in a Call of Cthulhu 5th edition game though and it functions just fine. Some of the other players in that group are still treating it like it was D&D. They stand and fight or look in that last room and some of them haven't figured out why they are on their second or third character. There is a reason why my character is one of the few remaining original characters: I ran away!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Some players require LOTS of failure before the light bulb turns on. Some never see the light. Heh.

Captain_Blood

Post by Captain_Blood » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:38 am

Discretion is the better part of valor, especially where elder gods are concerned.