Vigiles Nocturni: Alexandria

A place for DMs, GMs, or players to post stories, play reports, or general info about their current or ongoing campaigns.
Sbaldrick

Vigiles Nocturni: Alexandria

Post by Sbaldrick » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:53 pm

I am going to be running a Castles and Crusades game starting on March 25th set in the city of Alexandria in 5 A.D. I will be posting adventure logs and such here. This is my first time running Castles and Crusades in nearly 3 years so I am looking forward to it.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Excellent news, Sbaldrick! I enjoy C&C and history so definitely a win-win. 8-)

Sbaldrick

Post by Sbaldrick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 pm

I love historical campaigns. I ran a Celtic campaign with Captain Blood set in Briton at the time of King Arthur while Captain Blood was living in Salt Lake City. Also, if you are the same "Ancalagon" from the Troll Lord forums, then I remember that you enjoyed my post on a Vikings Vs. Cthulhu/Deep Ones adventure that I ran back in 2014.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Sbaldrick wrote:<snip> if you are the same "Ancalagon" from the Troll Lord forums, then I remember that you enjoyed my post on a Vikings Vs. Cthulhu/Deep Ones adventure that I ran back in 2014.
I am.
Sbaldrick wrote:I love historical campaigns. I ran a Celtic campaign with Captain Blood set in Briton at the time of King Arthur while Captain Blood was living in Salt Lake City.
I played in a house ruled AD&D campaign based in historical Europe with fantasy elements included that occurred in the early 1400s. My character was a French thief named Jean-Pierre. Too bad you don't live nearby - I'd love to jump in on another historical campaign.

Sbaldrick

Post by Sbaldrick » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:47 am

Saturday didn't work out. Nearly everyone bailed so I will have to wait until April 22nd before I can start my Castles and Crusades game.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Hopefully it was just a case of bad timing and real life getting in the way and not players' irresponsibility. Good luck.

Sbaldrick

Post by Sbaldrick » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:56 pm

I was able to run my first session of my Castles and Crusades game although only three players were able to show up. The characters rescued the high priestess of Isis from what turned out to be Deep Ones only discover that there is something sinister going on at the Temple of Isis. The party cleric used Speak with Dead on one of her followers that was killed in the attack and discovered that the high priestess had adopted the name of the "Red Queen" and that she was trying to summon her groom, the "King in Yellow." A mysterious red haired and left handed librarian for the Library of Alexandria told the party that the "King in Yellow" was another name for a being known as "Haster" and that his arrival would far from pleasant. Hopefully I will have more players next time.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:42 pm

Sbaldrick wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:56 pm
I was able to run my first session of my Castles and Crusades game although only three players were able to show up. The characters rescued the high priestess of Isis from what turned out to be Deep Ones only discover that there is something sinister going on at the Temple of Isis. The party cleric used Speak with Dead on one of her followers that was killed in the attack and discovered that the high priestess had adopted the name of the "Red Queen" and that she was trying to summon her groom, the "King in Yellow." A mysterious red haired and left handed librarian for the Library of Alexandria told the party that the "King in Yellow" was another name for a being known as "Haster" and that his arrival would far from pleasant. Hopefully I will have more players next time.
Been a while. What news from Alexandria?

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Not sure if Sbaldrick has been back on the forums since changing to the new domain. I've sent out some emails but I'm not sure if they've been getting to all of the members.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author