Betrayal at Baldur's Gate (i.e. Betrayal at House on the Hill)

A forum for non-RPG tabletop games and hobbies.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Betrayal at Baldur's Gate (i.e. Betrayal at House on the Hill)

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:34 pm

One of my favorite board games to play with a small group is Betrayal at House on the Hill. If you're not familiar, here is the premise of the game:
The creak of footsteps on the stairs, the smell of something foul and dead, the feel of something crawling down your back - this and more can be found in the exciting refresh of the Avalon Hill favorite Betrayal at House on the Hill. This fun and suspenseful game is a new experience almost every time you play - you and your friends explore ''that creepy old place on the hill'' until enough mystic misadventures happen that one of the players turns on all of the others! Hours of fun for all your friends and family.

Designed for 3-6 players aged 12 and up, this boardgame features multiple scenarios, a different lay-out with every game, and enough chills to freeze the heart of any horror fan.
AVH26633.jpg
To the point, the players are exploring an old house and trying to accomplish a task based on one of several different scenarios. One person, however, will betray the group but no one knows who until it's almost too late. It's a cool investigative, exploration game with a horror theme.

Recently, Avalon Hill was given permission to reskin the game using D&D. Available now is Betrayal at Baldur's Gate which I'm very likely to pick up.
The shadow of Bhaal has come over Baldur's Gate, summoning monsters and other horrors from the darkness! As players build and explore the iconic city's dark alleys and deadly catacombs, they must work with their fellow adventurers to survive the terrors ahead. That is, until some horrific evil turns one-or possibly more-of them against each other. Was it a mind flayer's psionic blast or the whisperings of a deranged ghost that caused their allies to turn traitor? Players will have no choice but to keep their enemies close!

Based on the award-winning Betrayal at House on the Hill board game, Betrayal at Baldur's Gate is sure to appeal to your board game and D&D players alike.
WOCC4310.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

grodog

Post by grodog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:45 am

Interesting, I'd not heard about the reskinning.

Coincidentally, my younger son Henry was just asking about playing BaHotH again soon.

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/