Legendary Card Games

A forum for non-RPG tabletop games and hobbies.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Legendary Card Games

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Upper Deck Entertainment has a card game line out, titled Legendary but has a variety of themes for their games which add new and fun twists. The game style is deck building, meaning each player builds a deck of cards for themselves consisting of heroes, abilities, actions, etc. and cooperates with other players to try and beat a common enemy usually determined at the beginning of the game.

Their product lines consists of themes such as Legendary Marvel (Supers), Legendary Alien (face huggers, xenos, etc), Legendary Predator, Legendary Big Trouble in Little China, and now Legendary Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I've never played any of the Legendary games but I've seen many reviews and mentions by players who say they are a lot of fun whether with a group or played solo. Being a fan of Alien and BtiLC, I've considered picking up one or two but never pulled the trigger. With BtVS, I think I might have to give it a shot assuming the reviews remain favorable. I've been a fan of the BtVS series since the 90s regardless of how cheesy it was at times or the less than desirable arcs the writers took towards the end.
Legendary is back with an all new Buffy the Vampire Slayer core set! Recruit slayers and fight Big Bads from the hit show. The game features images directly from the show. New to legendary is the Light and Dark tracker. As the tracker moves, certain cards either become more powerful or weaker.
lbtvs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

grodog

Post by grodog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 pm

I wasn't aware that Upper Deck began publishing "hobby games" again---IIRC they exited the market in the late '90s/early 2000s after the CCG bust. Now I'll have to go see how badly I'm mis-remembering that date ;)

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Apparently their Legendary Line has been doing very well, I definitely would like to try a game or two just to see.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author