Gloomhaven

A forum for non-RPG tabletop games and hobbies.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Gloomhaven

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:26 pm

I missed the first Kickstarter for this game, but luckily they had so much interest they've started a new one. I made it in this time for a full copy of the game.

Gloomhaven is a fantasy board game similar to an RPG. It is a legacy game, meaning that as you play through and unlock certain aspects of the campaign world, they become permanent changes to the game itself. Character level up, be tailored and customized, even retire. New characters can be unlocked, locations on the map can be unlocked, and new quest lines can be unlocked based on the choices the characters make.

Here a video that goes into detail about the game if you're interested:

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Captain_Blood

Post by Captain_Blood » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Looks interesting. I've been wondering how some of these adaptive board games will work out. I'm seeing more of them so apparently there is a market. Maybe we can play one at OmaCon.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Captain_Blood wrote:Looks interesting. I've been wondering how some of these adaptive board games will work out. I'm seeing more of them so apparently there is a market. Maybe we can play one at OmaCon.
That would be my plan Sam. I won't be able to make it this year, but that's fine, the new print of the game won't be out until this fall, I think, so it would most likely be next year if I can make it then. If so I'd be down with having our group run through Gloomhaven and play it as a legacy game. I think that would be most awesome.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:36 pm

My Gloomhaven 2nd Edition box came in a week or so back, this thing is massive. Weighs over 20 lbs and I don't even have a suitable place to store it right now, lol. I am, however, looking forward to digging into the rules and learning the game, I would love to get a group together when ever possible and give this a shot. I've heard an overwhelming amount of positive reviews and feedback after the first printing was released.

001 (1).jpg
001 (2).jpg
001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.