Recent Movies

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Recent Movies

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:09 pm

The Great Wall
Not a great flick but not as bad as I thought the reviews made it out to be. It definitely had some cheese going on, overall not what I consider bad for a monster movie. I might not bother watching it again but I enjoyed watching it well enough once.

The Hitman's Bodyguard
Ryan Renolds and Samuel L. Jackson. Action flick with plenty of everything you'd expect from this type of a movie with these two actors in it. I would watch this one again if it were on, good stuff.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 pm

I'm kinda interested in "Great Wall"- partly because it has Matt Damon, even though he seems strangely out of place in this kind of flick. I also like Ryan Reynolds a lot, so might look into catching "The Hit Man's Bodyguard".

Speaking of Ryan Reynolds, has anyone seen "R.I.P.D." with him and Jeff Bridges? It's a pretty decent sci-fi comedy zombie flick that I ran across in the Wal-mart bargain bin...

Proctor is smokin' hot!!!
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:28 pm

I totally forgot about RIPD when it came out, I never did watch it. I need to look it up and see if I can find it on one of the streaming sites. Thanks for the reminder Wes.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 pm

A couple of new movie trailers that look pretty good.

Deadpool 2

Game Night

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:26 pm

I may go try and take in Murder on the Orient Express tomorrow.

grodog

Post by grodog » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 am

We saw Thor 3/Ragnarok yesterday, and it was OK, especially going in with very low expectations. The best part of Thor 3 was the preview for Star Wars The Last Jedi ;)

Orient Express does look interesting, be curious to hear what you think, James.

I'm still hoping to rewatch the original theatrical release (with voiceover) of Blade Runner, and then to see BR 2049 again before it leaves theatres, but I'm not sure the timing's going to work out....

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 pm

I still need to make time to see BR2049, I might do that over the holidays.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:26 pm
I may go try and take in Murder on the Orient Express tomorrow.
Well... maybe next time. Just couldn't get motivated to do much except chill with all the time I've put in at the theater over the last 6 weeks. Still interested!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Might not win any awards, but the trailer got a few chuckles out of me so I'll watch it sometime this weekend.

Future Man (Hulu)