There's cos play, then there's Wasteland Weekend

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

There's cos play, then there's Wasteland Weekend

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:47 pm

I ran across this video and link through some random Facebook post. I had no idea this was even thing, basically Mad Max meets SCA. I might have to add that to the bucket list to check out at least once. LOL.

From the 2017 Press Release:
The post-apocalyptic music & arts festival known as Wasteland Weekend has been growing every year since it was founded in 2010. The 2017 event saw nearly 4,000 attendees make the journey to the Mojave desert just outside of California City, CA (2 hours North of Los Angeles).

Unlike most other desert parties, car shows, or music concerts (and Wasteland is all three), this one requires ALL attendees to be in costume (even staff members and journalists). The idea is to create a full-immersion effect, making festival goers feel like they’re inside something like a Mad Max movie for 5 days.
Website Link: Wasteland Weekend

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author