[TV] The Punisher - Netflix

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

[TV] The Punisher - Netflix

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Netflix has several shows based on Marvel Supers such as Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil. I haven't tried watching DD but I have tried JJ, LC and IF and really wasn't that impressed in either the first episode or maybe a second if I bothered to watch. I'm not sure if I'm just not giving them enough of a chance or what, but primarily I've just not bothered.

Frank Castle, The Punisher, has always been one of my favorite comic book characters. I read a few of the early comics as a kid but really enjoyed the series when I was in college, early to mid-90s. I thought the 2004 movie with Thomas Jane was pretty good, but never watched the 2008 War Zone version.

Now Netflix is putting out a new series with Jon Bernthal, probably best known for playing Shane on The Walking Dead. I think they made a very good decision to cast him in this role, especially based on how he portrayed his TWD character. If the new trailer speaks anything about the new series then I'll be pretty pleased watching it. Throwing in some old school Metallica was just icing on the cake.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:34 am

Bernthal should make an excellent Punisher!

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:27 pm

I wasn't too impressed with the Punisher movies (too cliche?), but that Netflix teaser was impressive! I"m intrigued and liked the feel for how they are portraying the character and his situation etc. Ditto on the theme music, too!
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!