[Book] The Adventurers Guild

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

[Book] The Adventurers Guild

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:36 pm

At work, I usually stream music while I'm at my desk since it helps pass the day. On Fridays I really enjoy listening to a local radio station playing NPR because they will have their own hour long segments like the Science hour or interviews with music artists and authors. Today was a good day for this because they interviewed one of the two authors, Zack Clark and Nick Eliopulos, who wrote a book titled, The Adventurers Guild. Both guys are originally from Jacksonville and met while away at college, became friends due to their love of all things geek and have remained best friends since. During the interview Zack mentioned that they both love playing Dungeons and Dragons, which helped spawn their idea for the original book and the subsequent two that will follow in the series. He stated that it is a young adult book, in similar vein as the Harry Potter line, but carries a much darker tone. The premise of the story and even the names of the characters come off sounding a bit cliche', however, I'm intrigued enough to try and grab a copy of at least the first book to read, whether it ends up being worth it, we'll see. It has a favorable rating on Amazon, so why not.
In one of the last cities standing after the world fell to monsters, best friends Zed Kagari and Brock Dunderfel have high hopes for the future. Zed desperately wishes to join the ranks of the Mages Guild, where his status as Freestone's only half elf might finally be an asset. Brock, the roguishly handsome son of merchants, is confident he'll be welcomed into the ranks of the Merchants Guild.

But just as it seems the boys' dreams have come true, their lives take a startling turn . . . and they find themselves members of the perilous Adventurers Guild.

Led by the fearsome Alabasel Frond, the guild acts as the last line of defense against the Dangers-hungry, unnatural beasts from otherworldly planes. And when the boys uncover a conspiracy that threatens all of Freestone, Zed, Brock, and their new allies-Liza, a fierce noble, and Jett, a brave dwarf-must prove their worth once and for all.
1922416650.jpg

Something else really cool that the station announced, a local radio theatrical group will be performing a dramatization of, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, by HPL. The only thing I hate is that I missed the day and time it would be on air. I think it's this Sunday evening, but I'm going to try and find out for sure so I can listen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author