A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:55 pm
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
Twice now I've prepped a delicious and super easy snack that I found online and it's been a hit both with friends and co-workers. Just thought I'd share this one in case anyone else decides to give it a shot, whether for a gaming session, party, or whatever. Feel free to toss out other snack ideas.
Cheesy Awesome Bean Dip
(requires a small or medium crock pot)
24oz Velveeta White Queso (cut into cubes)
8oz Cream Cheese (cut into cubes)
1 can (16oz) refried beans with green chiles
1 tbsp Taco seasoning (I prefer Ortega)
Optional: (HOT) 1 fresh jalapeno without seeds and membrane OR
1 tsp of cayenne pepper OR
diced pickled jalapenos.
(You can half all of the ingredients for a small crock pot to make less.)
- Place cheese and beans in crock pot, set to High for 1 hour.
- Stir after 30 mins or until cheese and beans are mostly melted.
- Add Taco seasoning and any jalapenos
- Stir again as often as needed until all cheese is melted and warm throughout
- Serve with any choice of chips or veggies.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author