Garycon Registration

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Garycon Registration

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:50 pm

They posted the registration dates for Garycon X:
Event Registration starts at Noon CT on the following dates according to badge level:
Diamond – January 13th
Platinum – January 20th
Gold – January 27th
Silver/ Open – February 3rd

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 pm

I didn't see Buried or Buried II in the Events schedule. Same for DungeonDelver's Teeth of Barkash Nour.

I wonder what will be left by 3-Feb :lol:

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Yeah I noticed the same thing and made a post on the GC forums. Looks like they are still adding events to the registry, though somehow I would have thought it would make more sense to add everything first before announcing or opening registration views.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

grodog

Post by grodog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 pm

In case you guys are available and interested in helping, Paul Stormberg is looking for at least one more DM to help run his Friday night tourney. The slot info is @ https://tabletop.events/conventions/gar ... edule/1433 and the description is:
I know you have an event scheduled Friday but I am concerned I may not have enough DMs for my Vengeance of the Giants tournament that I discussed with you some time back. I have no idea why I didn't ask you then and not now at the eleventh hour.

So far DMs are myself, Jeff Leason, and William Smith Jr. I have some other nebulous offers of help but can not nail down someone I feel is reliable.

As I emailed you previously, the idea behind the Gary Con Legends Tournament is to create new tournaments based on classic ones that were made into TSR modules. I want of course to involve the original authors when I can and want to continue this for several years as an annual thing. I have Jeff Leason, Zeb Cook, Allen Hammack, and Harold Johnson on the hook for future tournaments as well as a few other tricks for authors that are no longer with us.

I asked for and Luke has given a great prize - free Silver Badges or equivalent credit to any badge purchased the following year to the winning team.

The round is Friday night and runs from 6-12. Three short parts with breaks between. The rules are AD&D 1st Ed.

Do you see any way you might reconfigure your schedule to help me out?

I mean it is entirely possible that the event will fall flat on it's face and only one team will sign-up. So I understand that I am asking for an eventuality that might leave you with an empty slot or you adding you event back into the schedule late.
Is anyone free on Friday evening and able/willing to assist? I'm already DMing in that slot and unfortunately don't have a lot of flexibility in my schedule.

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Cool, I'll keep this in mind. I actually have my Thu, Fri, and Sat evening slots open for getting in some play time since I'm running during the mornings and afternoons.

If anything changes in my run schedule or I'm unable to get into any decent games after registration, I'll definitely talk with Paul about helping out.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm not sure if all of the events are yet in, from my understanding they are supposed to have everything in by the 10th. I went ahead and started looking at events from which to choose to play on the three nights I'm free, so far I have the following choices to narrow down in no particular order:

Thursday Night:
grodog's Castle Greyhawk (AD&D)
Arden Vul—The Tomb of the Twins (AD&D)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker in the Big Easy (Amazing Adventures)
Dresden Files: Darkest Hour (Savage Worlds)
You Too Can Cthulhu: The Thing on the Ice (CoC)

Friday Night:
Arden Vul—The Tomb of the Twins (AD&D)
Marie Laveau: Another Man Done Gone (Monster Hunter International)
Shadow Over Kellenmore (Savage Worlds)
Hyperborea: The Devil Made Us Do it the First Time (AS&SH)
Hyperborea: The Palace Ruins of Xambaala (AS&SH)
(Also keeping in mind DMing the event for Paul that Allan mentioned up thread)

Saturday Night:
Saturday Night AD&D—Delve into the Deeps (AD&D)
Feast at Highgate Cemetery (Savage Worlds)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker in the Big Easy (Amazing Adventures)

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Well, Diamond attendees for Garycon registered today. I noticed that someone already swiped a seat to my Saturday morning, Buried session. Pretty cool. Diamond tickets are $1000, I guess I'm going to have to bring my A-game that morning.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 am

A diamond level attendee should buy you a beverage of choice for the session. :lol:

grodog

Post by grodog » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:28 am

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:34 pm
Friday Night:
I cancelled my Friday night game to help run Paul's tourney.

If I'm not needed to DM, I'll be looking for a pickup game! :D

Allan.
grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager
Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
https://grodog.blogspot.com/

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm

grodog wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:28 am
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:34 pm
Friday Night:
I cancelled my Friday night game to help run Paul's tourney.

If I'm not needed to DM, I'll be looking for a pickup game! :D

Allan.
Very cool. I saw you mention this on the other forums, I'm sure that was a tough decision to make but I know Paul will really appreciate it.