[TV] Stranger Things - Netflix

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

[TV] Stranger Things - Netflix

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:08 pm

stth.png
There's a new original series on Netflix called Stranger Things that has been getting some heavy traffic, primarily due to a scene in the first episode of some kids playing AD&D.

Here's a trailrer:

Aside from that, the series premise is really cool, I've just started watching myself. Take a read and see what you think.
This thrilling Netflix-original drama stars award-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Finished watching the series a week or so ago. This was fantastic, I loved the way they kept it 80s style. If anyone has the time to spend to watch the 8 episodes out for the first season, you definitely need to check it out. Really glad to hear there will be a 2nd season.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:50 pm

If you still haven't taken time to watch this, I'm going to say, "GIT 'r DONE". Watching it the second time through with Jen who is watching for the first time. GOOD STUFF!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 pm

Season 2 Teaser Trailer

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Ok so, if some or all of you slackers haven't bothered to watch Season 1 yet, you have until Halloween of this year to catch up before Season 2 premiers, better start making with the binge watching.

Here's the new trailer:

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Definitely want to watch season 1 and plan to give it a go sometime this summer.

Sbaldrick

Post by Sbaldrick » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:32 pm

(False outrage warning) I really liked this series but I have to call BS on some of the stuff that went down in the D&D session at the beginning of the series. For one thing, you didn't have to roll a d20 to cast a fireball in any edition of D&D that were around in the 1980's. They didn't have DCC RPG in the 1980's. The DM would have had to role a d20 for a saving throw for half damage. However, that point is probably mute since there is no way a fireball is going to take out Demogorgon. He had 200 hit points and 90% magic resistance. Give me a break!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Maybe it was Demogorgon, Jr. :lol:

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Me and the Better Half watched the first 2 episodes and we're IN. Just gotta push through to May and then will finish season one.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 pm

Ancalagon wrote:Me and the Better Half watched the first 2 episodes and we're IN. Just gotta push through to May and then will finish season one.
Awesome dude, I think you'll enjoy the series.