[TV] Stranger Things - Netflix

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
rredmond

Re: Stranger Things [Netflix TV]

Post by rredmond » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:09 am

This series was so good. I'm very much looking forward to Season 2!
Great stuff,
--Ron--

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:56 pm

rredmond wrote:This series was so good. I'm very much looking forward to Season 2!
Great stuff,
--Ron--
Indeed Ron. I was just thinking today that I'm ready to watch season 1 again.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

rredmond

Post by rredmond » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:53 pm

I watched it by myself first. Then with the missus who swore she wouldn't like it - but of course she did. Then we watched it with our two oldest, 13 and 15. Great every time.

Trailer for second season got a little Cthulhu feel going on... and there ain't nothing wrong with that!
:D

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:51 am

rredmond wrote:Trailer for second season got a little Cthulhu feel going on... and there ain't nothing wrong with that!
:D
Yeah, definitely an Old Ones/Cosmic Entity feel to the.new season. My only concern for the show is how many good seasons they'll be able to get. I almost feel like the writers may stop after the second season, not to mention with the age of the kids, once they get a few years older it might throw off the feel. If they could get at least one more, if not two, seasons before having to either wrap up or introduce new characters, I'll be happy.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:20 pm

If the writers run out of good, compelling ideas for the series then I''m A-OK with it ending. Going out on a high point is a good thing! No need to try and force stories or just wing it and try to pull a rabbit from a hat a la the Battlestar Galactica remake in seasons 3 and 4 or Buffy seasons 6 and 7.

With that being said, I'm definitely looking forward to Stranger Things season 2!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Just a heads up, season two starts in three weeks, Friday, Oct. 27th.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:56 pm

I may wait a few weeks for the play I'm in to wrap some episodes build up for binge watching.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:25 pm

A couple of cool things....

One, the latest trailer for Season Two, most awesome:

and Two, Target is going to carry a special VHS collector edition case for the DVD set of Season One:
DVD-no-logo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Stopped by Target today after my dental appointment. Very cool collectable DVD set.
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0161.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rredmond

Post by rredmond » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:08 pm

That is neat!
Very cool.
--Ron--