[TV] Stranger Things - Netflix

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Re: Stranger Things [Netflix TV]

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:10 am

Finished season two. Overall I liked it, I don't think it was any better or worse than season one, but I do think there is a noticeable difference between the two seasons that may be the reason some viewers feel the second season isn't as good.

In the first season we're introduced to and get to know the characters and the group they form. Season one was really focused on the kids. Sure there was the backstory about the lab and the demogorgon, but really the first season wasn't about that, at least not the way I see it.

In season two the backstory from season one now gets pushed to the front which becomes the focus and now the kids kind of take a back seat because we're already familiar with them.

Also, with season one it was fresh, new and really good. It's hard to recreate that feeling again without introducing all new characters and storyline.

I will say, I love the 5 or so minutes of episode six paying homage to Aliens, that was really cool. I also like that they brought Sean Austin as one of the characters, that's a nice nod to the 80s kid flicks like Goonies.

There were some random things here and there that were hand waved or overlooked but not so bad I didn't enjoy any of the episodes.

All in all I enjoyed watching and look forward to season three. I heard they were going to wrap up the series in season four. With a show like this and the age of the kids in it I think that is a good call.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author