Song du Jour

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Re: Song du Jour

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 am

Ran across these guys, Jamestown Revival while listening to NPR the other day at the office. This song, Journeyman, had something of an Eagles-esque sound to it which I really liked.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Cool tune. I get the Eagles vibe you mentioned.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Some old school Metal Church badassery for your ears...

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:34 am

This is a song that never gets old.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:52 pm

I agree. Coincidentally, I've heard them more than once on the radio this week.

Heard this one, just today, in the car:
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:59 pm

One of my favorite Ozzy tunes put to a cool looking video:

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:48 pm

That was pretty freakin' cool. I think these guys were in Tallahassee last year...
Ancalagon wrote:Another accidental discovery... possible trend with that... but another bit o' cool.

Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:14 am

The first time I heard this KISS song I think I was 12-13 years old. During the last few weeks it has popped up in my brain multiple times. The album on which it was released, Music from the Elder, confused the hell out of me because KISS experimented with a concept album that sounded like nothing they had ever done. The album was a commercial flop since the fan base was just as confused by what KISS was trying... but now, as a more "seasoned" adult and maybe a hair wiser (haha), I like The Elder, warts and all.

Here is "The Oath" from KISS' 1981 Music from the Elder

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Not bad dude. I'm not a KISS aficionado by any stretch, mostly just the well known stuff. That being said, I can dig it.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:53 am

Glad you're diggin' "The Oath."

Here is my other favorite song off off Music from the Elder, "A World Without Heroes."