Song du Jour

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Re: Song du Jour

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:53 pm

I was finishing up my Freshman year of college in spring of '93, when this song was first released. I'm not a fan of the band Tool, but I will say this one song, and more specifically the video, was always favorite of mine. It was just so different than what was being playing on MTV at the time.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:52 am

I dig the video.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 pm

While not a song per se, there is music included and this tune / intro has been in my head a few days now so its share time!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 pm

So yesterday I'm at work, in the restroom drainin' the lizard when a guy walks up to another urinal and asks, "How's it goin'?" My reply was, "I'm rockin' out." The other guy has a good laugh and the following song popped in my head so now its share time again... Enjoy!

Deil the Yin

Post by Deil the Yin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:33 am

Ha! Ol' Thundar is nostalgic as hell! Guid on ya, Lord Gill. Funny enough I ran across what could easily be a Thundar spin-off, just last week:

Figure this otter be up everyone's alley...
Here's Tae Us,
Wha's Like Us,
Damn few... an' they're a' DEID!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 am

I remember when Korgoth first came out, loved it. I was so hoping they would have continued with a regular series or something, it would have been awesome.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:29 pm

I'm so bad baby I don't care.

Captain_Blood

Post by Captain_Blood » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Just came across this Swedish band thanks to my brother and the Hearts of Iron 4 video game. They're called Sabaton and the majority of their songs are tributes to feats of valor found throughout history. I'm linking to a video for Primo Victoria, about D-day. I believe there is an official music video somewhere, but this one is spliced from Saving Private Ryan. They've been in my head non-stop for about the last 2 weeks. I'll be posting a few more songs over the next few days.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Versidious is a big fan of Sabaton so I'm sure he'll chime in once he finds this. ;)

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:53 pm

I was making the 5 hour drive back from my latest TDY and had some Judas Priest blasting and one of their ballads, Before the Dawn, started and I remembered just how cool a song, and what a change of pace it is, from their usual metal goodness. So - you guessed it! Its share time!