Song du Jour

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Cloak-n-Dagger

Re: Song du Jour

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Another Breaking Benjamin song, Never Again. I like the song, but it's a pretty cool story video to watch.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:14 pm

More to come.[/quote]As promised, and from the same album as Wolf Moon, its share time for Be My Druidess...

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

A few days ago I heard this tune on a local radio station (and was surprised as hell) while driving and remembered just how catchy it was BITD. So now its share time for some RATT goodness!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Haha, good song there. I've been hitting the 80s tunes lately and these two were on the streaming channel I had playing at work on Friday. Really took me back.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:20 am

Gypsy Road is a great song on Cinderella's Long Cold Winter album. Catchy as hell! I got to see them in concert once back in 1988 when they opened for AC/DC, IIRC.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:25 am

This one goes back to 1977 from the first band I became a fan as a very young lad. F'n love the guitar lead break!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:31 pm

I was a junior in high school when this came out in '91. I still remember hanging out at my friend John's house after school when the video first hit MTV. Probably my most favorite before I stopped listening to GnR.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:03 pm

I've been working over a lot lately due to fiscal end of year requirements and have been able to get some good RUSH songs in while doing so. I've always liked the following song but it struck a new chord with me this past week. Maybe I wasn't old enough, or seasoned enough, or self aware enough, etc to more fully appreciate the lyrics but Time Stand Still is my new favorite RUSH tune. I hope you enjoy it, too.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:39 pm

I think this would be appropriate for a night like tonight. Oldie but goodie.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Great choice! I remember when that video debuted way back in the day.