Song du Jour

A place for posting non-specific gaming related topics or off-topic discussions such as general news, current events, film, literature, music, travel, sports, etc.
Ancalagon

Song du Jour

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 pm

From time to time I get song playing in my head. Not an annoying tune that aggravates the living hell out of me but a cool / badass / oh-so-fitting song that just fits the musical sensibilities / mood / state of mind at the time. For the last several days I've had Synchronicity II playing in my head and I'm listening to it as I type.

So I thought why not start a thread for when a cool / badass / oh-so-fitting song just stays in the gray matter for days or even longer.

Enjoy:

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 pm

To add to the thread, I'm not sure if you're a fan or have even listened to anything by Breaking Benjamin, but they're probably one of if not my most favorite modern band. They put out a new video last week or so for 'Ashes of Eden' one of the songs from their newest album. I thought it looked really cool.

Ashes of Eden

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Never listened to any Breaking Benjamin before that song. That was a pretty slick video.

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Cool, glad you enjoyed it. That one is a bit on the...softer side, here's one that's a little harder, 'The Diary of Jane' from a previous album of the same name.

“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~ Wilfred Peterson, American Author

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Something else to take a listen to, I heard this on the radio the other day driving to work and was like, WTF? So I had to look it up and listen again, not sure if you've caught this or not. I assume you're familiar with the original version.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:21 pm

The missus shared with me the Disturbed cover of The Sound of Silence a few months back. Not a bad rendition.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:16 am

Yesterday I had two songs stuck in my head going. Most of the morning was Lady Gaga's Applause and most of the afternoon was Van Halen's Ice Cream Man. I'm not a Lady Gaga fan but I do like Applause and think the video is great. None of her other tunes do anything for me. Van Halen is classic fun rock! Check 'em out...

Applause

Ice Cream Man

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:41 am

Gaga is the sort of female music artist that is both cool and frightening at times, lol. I've never seen her videos, that was interesting to say the least. Jen's a fan of her music, so I hear it from time to time on the radio or when we ride in her car.

VH of course is always a classic, good stuff.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:24 pm

Its crunch time of year at work and the next-to-last semester just started so I'm pretty much busy as hell for the immediate future. With that in mind, the following song has been floating in my head for several days now.

Enjoy!

Cloak-n-Dagger

Post by Cloak-n-Dagger » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Haha, maybe you should talk to the Mrs. about that problem. LOL :lol:

And to add to the thread, not sure if you've heard this one or not, Wolves Without Teeth by Of Monsters And Men: